When you routinely navigate any kind of property, you should feel confident in your safety. When the premises have been properly maintained, this shouldn’t be a problem. But accidents happen. When they occur in an unsafe environment—an unkept sidewalk, a faulty elevator, or a poorly- maintained retail establishment—you have the right to pursue financial compensation for losses connected to your injuries.
In greater San Diego, our team of fiercely compassionate attorneys have fought on behalf of injured clients for over four decades. When you’re ready to seek fair compensation, we’re ready to help. Set up a completely free consultation with us to start the process of holding negligent parties accountable. We’re proud to serve clients in San Diego and the surrounding areas of Ramona, National City, Chula Vista, and beyond.
What is Premises Liability?
All property owners are responsible for keeping their premises reasonably safe for visitors. Failing to do so can result in hazardous conditions and severe injuries when accidents occur. However, just because a person falls or is injured on someone else’s property doesn’t automatically make the business or property owner liable for the financial burden of those injuries. That’s not how the law works. There must be a negligent breach of duty proven for a successful premises liability claim.
Common Causes of Premise Liability Accidents
Although not every premises liability accident is the result of a property owner's negligence, many injuries are caused by unsafe property conditions. The most common causes of premises liability accidents include:
- Failure to provide adequate signage on slippery floors
- Failure to provide and maintain adequate outdoor lighting
- Failure to maintain safe walkways, sidewalks, and parking lots by patching cracks, ditches, and potholes
- Failure to provide sufficient signage warning pedestrians of falling materials
- Broken or missing handrails on stairwells, decks, or escalators
- Using excessive water, wax, or polish on flooring
- Failure to secure edges of rugs and carpeting
- Failure to supervise areas with a high risk of falls
If you were injured on someone else’s property, you need to contact an attorney. Barry Pasternack and the rest of our team works hard, every single day, to seek results for you and your loved ones during this difficult time. We have more than four and a half decades of combined experience holding negligent parties responsible for all kinds of personal injuries in San Diego. Let’s work together to fight for what’s fair.